BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Brother

So, in case some of you don't know
I have a younger brother, he is 22 and attends the University of Nebraska, Lincoln.
He and I are not close, we don't even really like each other very much at all.

But, on Monday he is leaving and flying to France to stay for a few days and then onto Spain for a week or so and then he plans to take a boat to Africa for another week or so.

He is traveling alone.
He is leaving his laptop.
He is leaving his Cell phone.
He is taking a small backpack/manbag with two changes of clothes and a toothbrush.
He is taking cash money.
He is taking his passport.
He is considering taking a camera.
He is traveling to see other parts of the world and cultures other than ours.

He plans to NOT send cards or letters for the entire 5 weeks that he is abroad.
He does NOT plan to telephone, both of these due to the cost and time delay in mailing and time change in phoning home.

He has no tattoos , although I told him to go get one so that we could identify his body.
He does have a third nipple, other than that he has no distinguishing marks.

He just sold his car and moved all of his things into our parents home in Nebraska.

I guess that I am kinda freaked because I just read and watched "Into the Wild" .
Which is a story about a guy who gives away all of his money and abandons his car and walks into the wild of Alaska lives off of the land for like two years alone and eventually dies. In the story(which is true) he never writes or calls home after he leaves and they find his body in the spring and a few random notes that he leaves in this abandoned bus he finds in the wild to live in.

So even though I mostly hate my brother I don't want him to die or vanish in another country.
He is traveling with no set plan so we wouldn't even know where to look for him if he doesn't return.
France, Spain & Africa are HUGE places to start to find a white boy traveling alone with no luggage.



So, I ask for you to pray for my brothers safety abroad and traveling.

Karen

0 comments: