BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 28, 2010

Dear Abuse,

Dear Abuse,

I have known you all of my life you lived in my house when I was a child and have followed me everywhere I have ever been.
You have had so many first names I almost lost track of who all you have been to me.
Child abuse,child sexual abuse, emotional abuse,physical abuse ,domestic abuse, sexual abuse, abuse of money, abuse of power , verbal abuse, drug abuse, alcohol abuse ,and self abuse.

I thought that it was normal to have to deal with you at every turn.

But you no longer hold me up, hold me back or hold me down.

I no longer live under you and you are not a part of my life anymore.
It will be hard to find myself without you in my life, you were such a big part of who I am .
But I will be moving on now, This has been a long hard road together and you have brought so much to my life.
You lied to me and made me to believe that I can't do any better with my life.

Living with you were some of the darkest days of my life. You are the bottom. living with you wasn't all that I can be it is the least that I can be.
I have a new scale now; You are the bottom and the moon is the top.
I can now believe that there is a moon and now I am going shoot for it.

You don't own me anymore. You don't scare me anymore.
I am taking my life and all my stuff into my own hands and I will not be needing you anymore.

I am host and producer of this show now. I run things my way here.

I know that this letter arrived without a return address.
I have moved and you won't be coming to my house anymore so you don't need to know where I live now.
Our life long relationship is over.
Its not me it's you.
I just can't stand to be around you anymore.
You don't have anything that I want or need in my life.
You aren't going anywhere and I don't want to go along.

I know that I will see you around in the faces of others.
I'll pray for them.

Don't embarrass your self by knocking on my door.
Karen

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen... I'm sorry you have had to deal with all this. I'm glad that you are so strong in how you have dealt with it. I hope you are doing good back in your hometown. I get a little lonely out here sometimes in South Carolina, so I know how good it feels to be home sometimes! I wish you the best and I will be praying for you.

Love ya,
Alicia Mann