BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Pedicure that changed the world....

(I have been working on this post for a while and struggling with this in my heart as well. This is kinda an all over post. )

Well my whole world anyways


lots of things have been changing for me of late.


I went to get a pedicure this afternoon.


I walked in and I was THE ONLY customer in the whole place.


Kinda strange, I even asked if she was open . Yes she was and I had caught her at a good time because she wasn't busy.


I sit in the spa chair and stick my feet in the lovely warm water and sit back and prepared to relax.


Well that was shortly interrupted by her ripping ( no exaggeration) my anklet off my foot.


The Anklet that I have worn for ,well would have been six years next month, had she not took it off.
A very dear friend gave me that anklet/ bracelet the last time that I saw him before he went to heaven.

I told her that I wanted to put it back on right away.


In her best broken English she said " This is so old and dirty and stinky take it off and let me give massage . You will feel better. You can put on at home. Just relax here.


Sounds a lot like what I have been hearing God say to my heart. Even in the midst of all of my other stuff I have been dealing with their absence in my heart. Maybe because when I am hurting I miss them all the more. Maybe because I know that I wouldn't have gone and done half of what I have had I had to answer to J .


I have heard God say to my heart :"Bring me ALL of your heartaches".

God has been begging to take away the pain of their death and to let me relax and soak my feet in the water.

" Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I'll give you rest." Matt. 11:28



God has been with me and been amazing in my life in many new ways as of late. I just have been hanging on to my own grief. I have been hanging on to the pain afraid too let it go for fear that in letting go of the pain I just might be letting go of them in a way. Afraid of what emotion would replace my pain. Afraid of the unknown.

" Casting all your cares upon Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

I memorized tons of scriptures as a child and in college. And they really do come back to you when you need them to.When I sat in that nail shop and heard the lady echo the words I hear God telling me in my heart I also began to hear these verses in my head .

I began to cry and I really felt a peace come over me, a small peace that I haven't felt at all in my heart since they died. I really knew in my heart at that moment in the spa chair that God felt my pain.


I know that it is just a stupid old discolored plastic bracelet.
I have one heck of a tan line underneath of it .
I know that I have his name tattooed on me and that will be there forever.
I know that no matter what I will always remember and love him deep in my heart, he will be my brother forever.

I think I love this anklet more than anything else that I have of theirs because it is a way to remember him alive and not something that I got after they died.

I put my anklet back on and plan to wear it until it falls off.

I thank God that He knows my heart, He knows my pain and He knows where I get my toes done!

Karen

3 comments:

CDJ said...

great post!

Mary said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that last line! Sometimes God seems so far away and distant, like He doesn't care about the crap that goes on in our lives...but we KNOW that's not true, no matter how true it feels. He knows where we are at every moment, and is there with us!
And I've had that same realization about scripture that I've memorized in the past, but hadn't thought of in a LONG time, will come back to me when I need it most. :) Love the title too...lol

angellewingz said...

Beautiful! He really does know all those things about you! (You are beautifully and wonderfully made and He knew you before you were born--inside and out!) And, I am betting He loves your sense of humor as much as I do! I'm glad you had some release!☺