BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mistakes

So, I was reading the blog " Bring the Rain" again last night and she was talking to ladies who have had an abortion and were feeling the pain of that mistake on them and she was "preaching" to them that we are no longer help captive by those mistakes. ( for the record I have not had nor would I ever consider having an abortion EVER)

I have made some other huge mistakes in my life. I was encouraged by her words that we are no longer bound to the mistakes that we have made in life. That Jesus' blood paid for those mistakes. Jesus died so that I would not be held accountable for the mistakes that I make. That by His blood I am forgiven of my sins. It was nothing new to hear this
( I have grown up in church and have a degree in theology)
but again it touched me in a new way today to hear it in the place that I now sit.
Right in the middle of the biggest mess that I have been in. I hear again that Jesus died for my sins and it hits me that I am forgiven and that Jesus paid the debt that I owe for my sins.

I have been ransomed from my sins, no longer held captive.


karen

0 comments: