BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 1, 2009

I wish you Dump Trucks

There is a story in my family about my Uncle Hal( my dad's older brother). When my grandparents told him he was going to get a baby brother ,he replied
"I don't want a brother, I want a dump truck!"

And then I am told that the very first, only, and last fit that I threw in a store was in Toys "R" Us, because I was told that I was NOT getting a dump truck.
That same year I was told that I was going to get a baby brother to which I replied,
"NO I want a dump truck!"

This year I spent Christmas with my husband and the kids and this year my son asked for only 3 things from Santa , a "rock star" ( guitar) , a monster truck and a dump truck.

And after he had opened all of his gifts and saw that the bottom of the tree was bare he looked at me and said " Where is my dump truck?!"

He did in fact get a trash truck, a recycling truck, a pick-up truck that hauls a set of ski- doo's, a low rider truck that makes more noise that should be allowed by a child's toy, and a monster truck and a cement truck and a hand full of hot wheel cars and trucks.

I tried to divert his attention to the fleet of other trucks that he had been given but he was not falling for any distractions. He still kept waiting for the ever elusive dump truck to appear.

The best part of the story is that although My uncle and I neither one ever got dump trucks our younger brothers both did!
Does this mean that Aidan will soon be getting a baby brother that WILL get a dump truck???
I hope so!

And to my friends who are waiting for babies ,
I wish you Dump trucks for younger brothers!

0 comments: