BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 18, 2008

last night/ today

So last night after I posted on here I was just feeling like I needed more alone time with God.
So I began to pray and cry to God and beg him to give me the life that He wants for me above what I want.
I stayed up just being alone and listening to worship music and singing to God.
Something that has been more than lacking in my life of late. My new job requires that I work on sunday mornings for a month before I can ask to be moved to sunday afternoons.

After I had spent time with God I began to write in my diary and I thought that maybe I would share it here. I spent until about 4 Am with God and really felt his presence around me.



I know not if it is the lateness of the hour , the tiredness of my mind, the wake fullness of my soul, or the heaviness of my heart that draws my pen to the paper.
All that I really know is that I want to worship again wholeheartedly, truly worship, to throw up my hands and sing out loud and let the burdens of my heart be carried away in to the song of love. To say and mean I love you Lord, to feel so close to Him & again know His presence. To rid myself of the sins that weighs me down & holds me back from the true worship that you deserve to once again give my whole self in reckless abandon. To give up me for thee. to feel again a purpose for going on. let me find you again in the quiet of the night , the brightness of morning & the busy of the day Let me find you again Lord.

So then today I was at work and got a message from a church wanting to talk to me about the Resume' I had sent to them.
I have been sending them out to anywhere that is looking for a year and have ZERO calls or emails ever.
I was encouraged that my prayers and the prayers of others were heard today.

1 comments:

Mary said...

That's so cool, Karen! A year?! wow. We've been waiting 4 months and I feel like giving up...and maybe we're supposed to. But that's cool that you've heard something! And that you've been in the presence of our God. Life does seem to feel more "right" (despite how messed up it may really be) when we finally give up and give in, and let God have His way in our lives. (whatever that may look like) I'm still trying to figure that out for myself right now. Not sure where I am on this journey, but thanks for being honest and sharing where you are right now. It brings hope!